RESULTS of the 1st Impronta Ensemble Composition Competition 2019
We are excited to announce the results of the 1st Impronta Ensemble Composition Competition, in partnership with Impronta Edition and She Lives.
We received 148 scores from 26 different countries from the four corners of the world: Italy, Germany, France, USA, South Korea, China, Japan, UK, Poland, Argentina, Spain, Russia, Austria, Mexico, Turkey, Czech Republic, Colombia, Canada, Belarus, Singapore, Thailand, Serbia, Sweden, Romania, New Zealand and Brazil.
The quality of the works was really high and the choice of winners was not easy.
The top three are:
1) Kaito Nakahori (Japan), with the piece „Yaeyama Hirugi“
1000 Euro / Publication of the work with Impronta Edition / Performance
2) Andrea Benedetti (Italy), with the piece „Appearence over a fake madrigal“
500 Euro / Publication of the work with Impronta Edition / Performance
3) Ex aequo:
– Andrea Mattevi (Italy), with the piece „demone all’uomo l’indole“
Antonio Perilli Special Prize 200 Euro / Publication of the work with Impronta Edition / Performance
– Eduardo Aguilar (Mexico) with the piece „… quisiera llorar, quisiera morir …“
NEW Special Ensemble Prize 200 Euro / Publication of the work with Impronta Edition / Performance
Impronta Edition Prize:
– Kyung Jin Lim (South Korea), with the piece „Illustrated Scenes for piano trio“
– Wataru Mukai (Japan), with the piece „Intersecting Visions II“
– Emanuele Savagnone (Italy), with the piece „Steel glare“
Given the high number of high quality pieces, the jury decided to award 5 special mentions.
– Andrea Miano Cotti (Italy), with the piece „La tua Aurora La mia sera (Your Dawn My Dusk)“
– Torsten Sense (Germany), with the piece „ai vivi“
– Alberto Di Gianfelice (Italy), with the piece “MERISTEMA”
– Rosalie Coopman (UK), with the piece „Resound“
– Alberto Alassio (Italy), with the piece „Disco libero ma spazio limitato“
A ranking list was drawn up for the scholarships.
The names of the beneficiaries will be made public only after they have confirmed to take part to the Composition Master Class.